The Youth Employment Program is a safe, non-judgemental space for LGBTQ+ young people ages 18—24 to engage in career awareness, career exploration, and career preparation.
Our employment specialists offer support, training, and skill development designed to set our youth participants on the path to meaningful employment while helping to develop the soft and hard skills necessary to succeed in the workplace.
Our services include:
- Career counseling
- Guard Card training
- Job search trips
- Mock interviews
- Paid internships
- Transportation assistance
- Professional clothing for loan or donation
- One-on-one cover letter and resumé building
- A speaker series where you can learn from and chat with professionals about their career experience
- Vocational trainings: Culinary Arts, Social Services, Pet Grooming, Healthcare, Arts and Technology