The Los Angeles LGBT Center’s case managers are experts at helping seniors navigate the complex world of Social Security, Medicare, affordable housing, and more. Through a close relationship with the Veterans Administration, we’ve been particularly helpful in securing benefits for LGBT veterans. If we're not able to provide a service you need, we’ll refer you to LGBT-welcoming service providers who can.
Interested in building your social network and meeting new people? Join us for one of the dozens of fun activities, events, dinners, parties, workshops and programs we host each month. Frequently we’re able to offer our members free or steeply discounted tickets to events—be sure to join our email list to receive these offers.
One of the most popular annual events is our Senior Prom—it closes out PRIDE month (June) in spectacular form.
Check our calendar for upcoming activities and events that include:
- Health and wellness programs (exercise, stretching and conditioning, chair yoga)
- Enrichment classes (computer, writing, art, dancing, acting, photograph, etc.)
- Monthly dinners and social networking opportunities
- Cultural excursions (theater, opera, museums, etc.)
- Educational seminars and workshop
- Senior-Youth Photo Project
- Senior-Youth Dinners
- Men’s activities
- Women’s activities (L50+)
- San Fernando Valley social group
- Communidad Latina 50+
Annual special events include:
- Senior Prom
- Holiday party
- Cinco de Mayo celebration